These pumpkin cheesecake stuffed cookies are the ultimate treat for those who adore the warm, comforting taste of pumpkin and the rich creaminess of cheesecake.
These cookies are delightfully soft and cakey with a creamy cheesecake filling. The cookies are infused with aromatic pumpkin pie spice, creating a warm and cozy taste that perfectly complements the sweet and tangy cheesecake center. Each bite is a delightful burst of fall flavors that will leave you craving more!
Why You'll Love These Pumpkin Cookies:
- The contrast of the soft pumpkin cookies with the creamy cheesecake filling creates an irresistible texture and flavor combination.
- Perfect for any autumn gatherings, Halloween parties, Succot treat, or a cozy night in with a cup of tea.
- A fun and unique twist on traditional pumpkin desserts.
Butter, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Egg, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt
Cream Cheese Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure you use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for the cookie dough.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- Cream Cheese: Use softened cream cheese for a smooth cheesecake filling.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies:
Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Beat in the egg and then the pumpkin puree.
In a separate separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix until a soft dough forms.
Mix together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Scoop out a ball of cookie dough and place it on the baking tray.
Flatten the dough, add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center, and then encase it with another scoop of cookie dough. To make this process smoother, consider wetting your hands. (I use these scoopers)
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12-15 minutes.Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies Tips and Tricks:
- Ensure the cream cheese is well softened to prevent lumps in the cheesecake filling.
- Don't overbake the cookies; they should be slightly soft when you take them out of the oven as they will continue to cook as they cool.
- When encasing the cream cheese mixture with the cookie dough, ensure that the edges are well sealed to prevent any leakage during baking. Gently pinch the edges together or roll the dough while occasionally wetting your hands to ensure a tight seal. This will help keep the filling inside and give you perfectly stuffed cookies.
A: Yes, you can freeze these cookies before or after baking. If you are freezing before baking, arrange the stuffed cookie dough balls on a baking sheet, freeze until firm, and then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to bake, place the frozen cookies on a baking sheet and add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
A: Yes, you can make smaller cookies by using a smaller portion of dough for each cookie. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as smaller cookies will require less time in the oven.
A: Of course! If you prefer a milder pumpkin flavor or simply don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can omit it from the recipe. The cookies will still have a delightful pumpkin taste from the pumpkin puree.
More Cookie Recipes You'll Love
Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough
- 2 ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup butter softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until a soft dough forms.
- In another bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Scoop out a ball of cookie dough using a 2inch ice cream scooper and place it on the baking tray.
- Flatten the dough, and add 1-2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center
- Encase it with another scoop of cookie dough using the 2inch scooper. To make this process smoother, consider wetting your hands, especially when using these scoopers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving.