Searching for a delightful, quick breakfast or brunch option? Look no further than these super easy mini quiches in puff pastry cups. Blending the buttery flakiness of puff pastry with the richness of eggs this recipe is a fantastic way to kickstart your day.
These mini quiches are a savory delight—crispy puff pastry and eggs that are whipped together with the vegetables and cheese to form a luxurious filling that bakes to a golden, fluffy finish. Each bite offers a delightful mix of textures and flavors, making this an ideal dish for a cozy breakfast or brunch gathering.
Why you'll love these Mini Quiche's:
- Quick & Effortless: They're simple to prepare, saving time without compromising on taste! They're ideal for busy mornings or when you need a fast, nutritious, and delightful dish.
- Balanced Meal: Packed with protein from eggs and a medley of veggies, the mini quiches offer a complete, delicious meal in a single, bite-sized serving—perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack!
- Perfect for Sharing or Prepping: Great for both serving a crowd or preparing in advance. Make them ahead and store for quick, repeatable meals or to impress guests effortlessly..
Puff pastry squares, onion, mushrooms, Spinach, Eggs, Shredded cheese, Seasoning
- Puff Pastry Squares: Ensure the squares are thawed but still cold for easier handling.
- Button Mushrooms: Opt for fresh, firm mushrooms and dice them finely for even distribution in the filling.
- Spinach: Freshly chopped spinach works best; ensure it's finely chopped to mix evenly with other ingredients.
Divide the puff pastry into 12 muffin tins, allowing around half a square per tin. Try using a silicone muffin tin for easy-nonstick use.
Pre-bake the puff pastry for approximately 10 minutes until lightly golden and puffed.
In a pan saute diced onions, mushrooms, and spinach.
In a bowl, mix the cooked vegetables, eggs, and cheddar cheese, seasoning to taste.
Evenly pour the egg mixture into the pre-baked puff pastry cups.
Bake the quiches for around 15-20 minutes until the filling is set and the pastries golden brown.
Allow the mini quiches to cool slightly before serving.
Mini Quiche Tips and Tricks:
- Lightly grease the tin for easier removal of the mini quiches.
- Experiment with various cheese types for diverse flavors.
- Feel free to incorporate additional herbs or spices to the egg mixture for extra depth.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Yes, these can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, then reheated when needed.
A: Certainly! The mini quiches can be frozen after baking. Reheat in the oven to enjoy again.
A: Yes, you can use frozen spinach in this recipe. Ensure that the excess water is squeezed out after thawing to avoid excess moisture in the quiche filling.
More Vegetarian Recipe's You'll Love
Easy Mini Quiches
- 12 pre cut Puff Pastry squares
- 1 small onion diced (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz button mushrooms diced
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thaw the puff pastry squares according to package instructions. You want the dough to be thawed but still cold, making it easier to work with
- Lightly grease a muffin tin. Gently press each piece of puff pastry into the prepared muffin cups, ensuring they cover the base and sides evenly.
- Bake the puff pastry for about 8-10 minutes until it slightly puffs up and turns lightly golden.
- While the pastry pre-bakes, prepare the filling. Saute the diced vegetables over a medium heat until they are tender. Let it cool slightly before adding to the egg mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked diced veggies, eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste*
- Once the pre-baking is complete, carefully remove the muffin tin from the oven. Spoon the prepared vegetable and egg mixture evenly into each pre-baked puff pastry cup.
- Return the filled muffin tin to the oven.
- Bake the mini quiches at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set and the pastry turns golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the mini quiches from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes.