Savor the delightful crunch and flavorful experience these Crispy Air Fried Beef Egg Rolls, a beloved dish made easy!
These delicious egg rolls feature a crispy exterior that gives way to a succulent, perfectly cooked interior. Whether you're enjoying them as an appetizer or serving them as meal with sides, they're a crowd-pleaser that strikes the ideal balance between indulgence and a healthier preparation method, thanks to air frying. Dive into a world of savory satisfaction with each bite, making it a go-to treat for any occasion.
Why You'll Love These Crispy Air Fried Beef Egg Rolls Recipe:
- Quick and Easy: These Egg Rolls come together swiftly, making them an ideal choice for a last-minute preparation. The simplicity of preparation allows you to enjoy a satisfying treat without the fuss.
- Frying Alternative : By using air frying, you can relish the same satisfying crunch as deep-fried egg rolls while reducing the oil content significantly.
- Customizable : The versatility of this recipe lies in its adaptability to your preferences. Pair these delicious egg rolls with a variety of dipping sauces, from sweet and sour to spicy chili, or even a homemade sauce with your favorite ingredients, allowing you to tailor the experience to your liking.
Ground beef, Sliced carrots, Cabbage, Scallions, Soy sauce, Toasted sesame oil, Maple syrup, Rice vinegar, Egg roll wrappers, Oil (for air frying)
- Ground Beef: I Opt for lean ground beef.
- Cabbage: Thinly slicing the cabbage ensures it cooks evenly and retains a pleasant crunch.
- Egg Roll Wrappers: These can typically be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
Mix raw ground beef with sliced carrots, cabbage, and scallions.
Add in the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup, and rice vinegar. Pour it over the beef and vegetable mixture.
Assemble the egg rolls, placing the mixture in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Fold and roll tightly, sealing the top corner with water.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204.44°C). I like the Ninja Air Fryer.
Lightly spray or brush the egg rolls with oil and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 8 minutes on the other side until golden and crispy.
Serve with your preferred dipping sauces.
Crispy Air Fried Beef Egg Rolls Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- When assembling the egg rolls, make sure they are tightly sealed to prevent any filling from leaking during the cooking process.
- You can customize the filling with your favorite veggies or seasonings.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Ensure there's enough space between the egg rolls for proper air circulation, which leads to even cooking and a crisper texture.
- Experiment with various dipping sauces to find your favorite pairing. From sweet and sour to teriyaki or even a homemade chili garlic sauce, the possibilities are endless!
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Yes, you can bake them in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through until they're golden and crispy. Brush the rolls with a little oil to achieve the desired crispiness.
To deep-fry, heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or fryer to 350°F (176.67°C). Carefully place the egg rolls in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, usually about 3-4 minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon to remove them and place them on paper towels to drain excess oil before serving. Traditional frying will give you a slightly different texture compared to air frying or baking, with a crispier exterior.
A: Yes, you can freeze the uncooked egg rolls. Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, freeze until solid, and then store them in an airtight container or zip-top bags. When ready to enjoy, you can air fry, bake, or deep-fry them straight from the freezer. Adjust the cooking time as needed.
Other Recipes You'll Love
Crispy Air Fried Beef Egg Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 small scallions chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray or a brush with a small amount of vegetable oil for air frying
- In a large bowl, combine the raw ground beef with the sliced carrots, thinly sliced cabbage, and chopped scallions.
- Add in the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Stir well to incorporate everything well.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the raw beef and vegetable mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up over the filling, tuck in the sides, and then roll it up tightly, sealing the top corner with a dab of water.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (190°C).
- Lightly spray the egg rolls with cooking spray or brush them with a small amount of vegetable oil. This helps them become crispy.
- Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they're not touching.
- Cook for 8 minutes on one side.
- Flip the egg rolls and cook for an additional 8 minutes on the other side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute before serving.