Immerse yourself in the world of chocolatey decadence with these Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. This recipe takes the classic brownie to new heights by infusing the rich warmth of brown butter and swirling in velvety peanut butter.
These brownies strike a delightful balance, offering a satisfying chewiness with each bite. The magic unfolds in the harmonious blend of intense cocoa, sweet vanilla, and the nutty undertones from brown butter, all accentuated by the mesmerizing swirls of peanut butter.
Why You'll Love These Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies:
- Brown Butter Magic: Experience the rich, nutty depth that brown butter adds to the brownies, creating a flavor profile that goes beyond the ordinary.
- Peanut Butter Swirl: The velvety swirl of peanut butter adds a luscious creaminess, providing a delightful contrast to the dense chocolatey goodness of the brownies.
- Foolproof Fudginess: These brownies achieve the perfect fudgy texture.
- Brown butter
- White sugar
- Vanilla (Vanilla bean paste for an extra layer of richness)
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Brown Butter: Brown butter adds a delightful nutty flavor. Check out my post on how to how make brown butter.
- Natural Peanut Butter: Selecting natural peanut butter without added sugars is recommended to maintain a balanced sweetness in the brownies. This ensures a perfect harmony of flavors without the risk of the final product becoming overly sweet.
- Vanilla Bean Paste: While vanilla extract works well, vanilla bean paste provides tiny vanilla bean specks that enhances the flavor of the brownies.
How to Make Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies:
Preheat your oven and prepare a baking pan.
Brown your butter. Check out my post on how to make brown butter.
Whisk together brown butter and sugar, adding eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
Sift together dry ingredients and gradually combine with the wet ingredients.
Prepare the peanut butter swirl mixture.
Pour the brownie batter into a 9x9 inch pan and add dollops of the peanut butter mixture.
Create swirls using a knife or toothpick.
Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Cool, cut into squares, and indulge!
Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Tips and Tricks:
- Brown Butter Perfection: Take the time to make golden brown brown butter for the best flavor.
- Optimal Peanut Butter Swirl: Add dollops of peanut butter mixture strategically across the brownie batter to ensure an even distribution of the peanut butter swirl throughout the brownies.
- Underbake Slightly: To achieve the perfect fudgy texture, consider slightly underbaking the brownies. A toothpick inserted should come out with a few moist crumbs but not be completely dry.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: While regular butter works, brown butter adds a unique nutty flavor that elevates the brownies.
A: Opting for natural peanut butter without added sugars helps maintain a balanced sweetness in the brownies, ensuring they are not overly sweet with the additional sugar in the recipe.
A: Yes, you can experiment with other nut butters like almond or cashew for a unique twist, adjusting quantities based on taste preference.
A: Yes, these brownies freeze well. Wrap them individually or place parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking, and store in an airtight container. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies:
- 1 cup brown butter
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Swirl:
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown butter and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, natural peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency if needed.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Drop dollops of the peanut butter swirl mixture onto the brownie batter.
- Use a knife or toothpick to create swirls by gently dragging it through the peanut butter dollops and the brownie batter. Aim for a marbled effect
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. *Be cautious not to overbake; the brownies should be fudgy.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and indulge in the decadent fusion of brown butter and peanut butter goodness