Dive into a delightful symphony of textures and flavors as you savor the Triple Chocolate Cookies. These delectable treats weave together the luxurious richness of chocolate chunks with the nostalgic and satisfying crunch, creating an irresistible combination.
Elevate your cookie experience to new heights with each bite. The surprising addition of Coco Pebbles introduces a whimsical crunch that takes these treats to an entirely new level of indulgence, making every mouthful a blissful and unforgettable experience.
Why You'll Love These Triple Chocolate Cookies:
- Perfect Texture: The blend of cocoa powder and chocolate chunks ensures a perfect balance of gooeyness and richness in every bite. Rolling the dough in Coco Pebbles before baking adds an unexpected and delightful crunch.
- Versatile: Great for cookie lovers of all ages, these cookies are a hit at parties, potlucks, or as a special homemade treat.
- Easy: These cookies are easy to make and straightforward.
Brown sugar, White sugar, Softened butter (vegan for a dairy-free option), Large eggs, Vanilla extract, Baking soda, Salt, Cocoa powder, All-purpose flour, Chocolate chunks, Coco Pebbles
- Coco Pebbles: The cereal not only adds a delightful crunch but also infuses a subtle cocoa flavor to add a third level of chocolate.
- Vegan Butter: Opt for a quality vegan butter for a dairy-free version without compromising on taste. I use earth balance or the trader joes brand.
How to make Triple Chocolate Cookies step-by-step:
Cream together sugars, softened butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
In a separate bow baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and flour. Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
Scoop dough and roll in Coco Pebbles before placing on a baking sheet.
Bake until edges are set but centers remain slightly soft.
Cool before storing to preserve the Coco Pebbles' delightful crunch.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Ensure cookies are completely cool before storing to maintain the crispness of the Coco Pebbles.
- Experiment with different chocolate chunk sizes for diverse texture experiences.
- For consistently shaped cookies, use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough. This ensures uniformity in size, promoting even baking.
Frequently Asked Question
A: Absolutely! Feel free to use regular butter if you're not following a dairy-free diet. I used dairy-free to keep the cookies Parve.
A: Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls, already coated in Coco Pebbles and bake them straight from the freezer, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time
A: Absolutely! Experiment with your favorite cereals or even crushed cookies for a personalized touch to the outer crunch of these cookies.
More Cookie Recipes You'll Love
Recipe Card: Coco Pebbles Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup softened vegan butter or regular butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Coco Pebbles for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, white sugar, and softened butter until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla and Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and all-purpose flour.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, ensuring even distribution throughout the dough.
- Scoop out portions of dough and roll them into balls. Roll each ball in Coco Pebbles for a crunchy exterior.
- Arrange the coated dough balls on prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set. The centers may appear slightly undercooked but will firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.