Indulge in the rich flavors of this Tomato Garlic Dip, a delightful addition to elevate your Shabbos table or enjoy it for everyday snacking pleasure..
The ripe Roma tomatoes and aromatic garlic blend together to create a luscious dip that will elevate your Shabbos meal to new heights. If you're a tomato and garlic lover, you'll enjoy this dip not only on Shabbos but also during the week. Get ready to make it a staple for your weekend gatherings and any other time you want to delight your taste buds!
Why You'll Love This Tomato Garlic Dip:
- Incredibly Simple: Crafted with simple ingredients this dip is easy to make and brings a genuine homemade taste!
- Versatile & Flavorful: Whether you serve it as a dip, spread it on sandwiches, or use it to enhance the taste of your favorite dishes, this dip is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Plus, it's a fantastic way to use up ripe tomatoes!
Diced Roma tomatoes, sliced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper
How to make Tomato Garlic Dip step by step:
In a pot, add the sliced garlic along with the olive oil.
Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and releases its delightful aroma.
Add the diced tomatoes to the pot, and season with salt (you may add pepper if you'f like)
Cover the pot and reduce the heat to very low.
Allow the mixture to simmer gently, stirring every few minutes to ensure the dip does not burn for about 1 ½ to 2 hours. During this slow-cooking process, the tomatoes will lose their moisture and transform into a rich, flavorful dip.
Once the tomatoes have cooked down to the desired consistency, your Tomato Garlic Dip is now ready!
Let the dip refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or till fully cooled before serving.
Tomato Garlic Dip Tips and Tricks:
- To achieve a smoother texture, you can blend the cooked tomato mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Embrace the freedom to customize the seasoning by adding herbs like basil or oregano, enhancing the dip's aromatic profile.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Yes, you can use various types of tomatoes based on your preference. While Roma tomatoes are commonly used, you can also experiment with vine-ripened tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for different flavors and textures.
A: Yes, the Tomato Garlic Dip is freezer-friendly. Once cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using and stir to regain the desired consistency.
A: Absolutely! In fact, making the dip ahead of time allows the flavors to meld and intensify. I highly suggest serving this dip cold.
Tomato Garlic Dip
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes about 5-6 tomatoes
- 8-10 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper optional
- Add sliced garlic to a pot along with the olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and releases its delightful aroma.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pot, and season with salt and optional pepper.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to very low.
- Allow the mixture to simmer gently, stirring every few minutes , for about 1 ½ to 2 hours stirring to ensure the dip does not burn.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked down to the desired consistency, your Tomato Garlic Dip is now ready!
- Let the dip refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or till fully cooled before serving.