You'll love this peanut Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry! Its a vegan delight full of texture and flavor, making it the perfect weeknight dinner.
This Peanut Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry is a delightful marriage of textures and tastes. The extra-firm tofu is pressed and cubed, ensuring a hearty and substantial bite. Wide fettuccine noodles provide a comforting base, while the broccoli florets add a fresh and crisp element. The star of the show is the flavorful sauce, a perfect blend of soy sauce, smooth peanut butter, sesame oil, and rice vinegar, creating a creamy and savory coating that ties all the ingredients together.
Why You'll Love This Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry :
- Quick and Easy: With straightforward stir-frying and minimal cooking time, this recipe is a quick and convenient option for busy weeknights.
- Versatile: Customize the dish by adding your favorite vegetables or adjusting the spice level to suit your taste.
Extra-firm tofu, Wide fettuccine noodles, Broccoli florets, Soy sauce, Smooth peanut butter, Sesame oil, Rice vinegar, Oil, Garlic, Ginger
- Tofu: Pressing the tofu removes excess water, allowing it to absorb the flavors of the dish better.
- Peanut Butter: Opt for smooth peanut butter to ensure a creamy and well-mixed sauce.
- Sesame Oil: Use toasted sesame oil for a richer flavor.
How to make Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry step-by-step:
Press tofu to remove excess water, cube it, and season with salt and pepper.
Cook wide fettuccine noodles according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil , stir-fry tofu until golden brown, then set aside.
In the same wok, add more oil, stir in garlic and ginger, then add broccoli and stir-fry until slightly tender.
Whisk together soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a bowl.
Pour the sauce over tofu and vegetables, toss until well-coated and heated through.
Add cooked noodles, gently toss with tofu and vegetables until evenly combined and heated through.
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry Tips and Tricks:
- Achieve a firmer texture by pressing the tofu for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Experiment with additional vegetables like bell peppers or snap peas for added variety.
- Adjust the sauce thickness by adding more peanut butter or soy sauce according to your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, substitute tamari for soy sauce and ensure your chosen fettuccine noodles that are gluten-free.
A: Yes, you can substitute frozen broccoli, but be sure to thaw and drain it before stir-frying to prevent excess moisture in the dish.
A: Certainly! Almond butter or sunflower seed butter can be excellent substitutes for peanut butter, providing a similar creamy consistency and nutty flavor.
More Easy Dinner Recipes You'll Love
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 14 oz block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 8 oz wide fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- Press the tofu to remove excess water. Cut it into cubes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the wide fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu cubes and stir-fry until they are golden brown on all sides. Once cooked, remove the tofu and set aside. Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil. Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger. Add the broccoli florets and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender but still crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Pour the sauce over the tofu and vegetables. Toss everything together until well-coated and heated through.
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the wok. Gently toss the noodles with the tofu and vegetable mixture until everything is evenly combined and heated through. Serve Immediately.