These cookie squares are perfectly chew with golden brown edges. of goodness that's soft in the middle with just the right amount of crunch on the edges. These cookies are a comforting and irresistible treat that's perfect for any occasion.
Why You'll Love These Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Unique Flavors The addition of tahini adds a distinctive nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the sugars and the chocolate chips.
- Easy to Make: With simple ingredients and straightforward steps, this recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced bakers.
- Versatile: Enjoy these blondies on their own, with a scoop of ice cream, or as a delightful addition to a dessert platter.
Tahini, White sugar, Brown sugar, Large eggs, All-purpose flour, Baking soda, Salt, Chocolate chips
- Tahini: Choose a good-quality tahini with a smooth consistency to ensure a rich nutty flavor in the chocolate chip cookies.
- Chocolate Chips: Opt for your favorite chocolate chips – whether it's dark, milk, or semi-sweet – to customize the level of sweetness and chocolate intensity. Opt for a dairy free chocolate chip if you're looking to keep this recipe pareve.
How to make Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies Step-by-Step :
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix tahini and eggs until smooth.
3. Add brown sugar and white sugar to tahini mixture; stir well.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spread batter in prepared pan. (Optional: top with sesame seeds) Bake for 20-25 minutes
Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Square Tips and Tricks:
- Tahini Consistency: Make sure to stir your tahini well before measuring. This helps distribute the natural oils that might have separated, ensuring a consistent flavor in your blondies.
- Serving Variations: Serve these blondies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a comforting dessert, or cool them down and cut them into smaller bites for an ideal party treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Tahini is a paste made from toasted and ground sesame seeds. It's a staple ingredient in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines, known for its rich, nutty flavor and creamy texture.
A: Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerate for longer freshness.
A: Tahini has found its way into baking as a versatile ingredient that adds depth and richness to sweet treats
A: To make these blondies dairy-free, choose dairy-free chocolate chips and ensure your tahini doesn't contain added dairy. You can also substitute coconut oil or a dairy-free butter alternative for greasing the pan.
Cookie Recipes You'll Love
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares
- 1 cup tahini well-stirred
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix the well-stirred tahini and eggs until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the packed brown sugar and white sugar to the tahini and egg mixture, and stir until the sugars are fully combined.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips, distributing them evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Optional: Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top of the cookie squares.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, allow the cookie squares to cool in the pan before cutting and serving.