This salmon dinner can be whipped up in under 30 minutes and promises a burst of flavors that will leave you craving more.
This recipe is one of my weeknight dinner favorites. The salmon is cooked to perfection, tender and flaky, while the accompanying ingredients add a delightful balance of textures and flavors. It's a complete and satisfying meal that can be prepared in no time!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and Easy: This salmon dinner can be prepared in under 30 minutes, making it a perfect choice for busy weeknights or when you're craving a delicious meal but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen.
- Bold Flavors: The combination of the garlic, spiciness from Sriracha, and the sweetness of maple syrup in the sauce elevates the taste of the salmon and adds a nice kick to the overall dish.
- Versatile: You can customize this recipe based on your preferences. Adjust the level of spiciness, add extra vegetables, or experiment with different toppings to make it your very own!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these bowls:
Salmon, Sushi rice, Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup, Sriracha, Garlic, Cualiflower, Persain Cucumbers Avocado Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
Cauliflower: You can use either fresh or frozen cauliflower for this recipe. Keep in mind that fresh cauliflower may require less cooking time compared to frozen cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower is a convenient option takes slightly longer to roast to achieve the desired level of crispiness.
Sriracha: Sriracha is an essential ingredient in this recipe, providing a bold and distinctive spicy flavor to the dish. It adds a delightful kick that complements the other ingredients and enhances the overall taste and texture.
How to make the spicy salmon bowls step by step
Here are some quick visual instructions with a brief explanation. Be sure to read through the full instructions with exact ingredient measurements & steps in the recipe card below!
Cook sushi rice according to the instructions on the package.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the cauliflower with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder. Bake for 35-40 minutes until crispy.
Cut the salmon fillets into cube-sized pieces. In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour half of the sauce over the salmon and reserve the other half for later.
Air-fry the salmon at 400°F for 5-7 minutes
Place the reserved half of the sauce in a saucepan and heat it over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
Toss the air-fried salmon in the remaining sauce.
Assemble your bowl place sushi rice in a bowl and top it with cauliflower salmon, sliced cucumber, sliced avocado, and a drizzle of spicy mayo.
Recipe tips and tricks
- For a milder spice level, adjust the amount of Sriracha in the sauce to suit your taste preferences. (I would not omit the sriracha all together because that would drastically change the flavor of the dish)
- To achieve perfectly cooked salmon, be mindful of the cooking time and adjust based on the thickness of the fillets. Overcooking can result in dry salmon.
- Customize the toppings to your liking. Add sliced carrots, pickled ginger, or sesame seeds for extra flavor and texture.
Tools for this recipe that I love!
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon Store!
Rice Maker: I love my rice maker! It makes cooking rice a breeze.
Air Fryer: This is the personal air fryer that I use. I love it because it has so many functions (not just air frying!)
Alternative Air Fryer: Here is an alternative if you're looking for a more affordable air fryer!
Garlic Mincer: Mincing garlic can be so tedious! Thats why I use this device to mince up my garlic for me.
Frequently asked questions
A: Absolutely! I often use frozen or fresh broccoli when making these bowls! Just make sure to adjust the roasting time as needed.
A: To make spicy mayo, simply mix mayonnaise with Sriracha. Adjust the amount of Sriracha based on your spiciness preference.
Sriracha is essential to this dish for the flavor and texture. This is a spicy salmon bowl, but if you're looking for a similar recipe try using teriyaki instead of the sauce!
A: While sushi rice provides a sticky texture that complements the dish, you can substitute it with other varieties of rice if desired. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary slightly.
Spicy Salmon Bowls
- 20 oz Frozen Cauliflower *
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil *
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
Spicy Salmon Bites
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1//4 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 lb salmon, cubed
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup spicy mayo *
- Sushi rice:
- Cook sushi rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the cauliflower with avocado oil and the specified spices. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Ccut the salmon fillets into cube-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the minced garlic, sriracha, soy sauce, and maple syrup.
- Pour half of the sauce over the salmon, reserving the other half for later use.
- *Air-fry the salmon at 400°F for 5-8 minutes
- Take the reserved half of the sauce and place it in a saucepan. Stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the air-fried salmon in the remaining sauce.
- Place sticky rice in a bowl. Top it with cauliflower, salmon, avocado, and a drizzle of spicy mayo