Elevate your side dish game with these Roasted Garlicky Brussel Sprouts. The combination of perfectly roasted brussels, an abundance of aromatic garlic, and a hint of coconut sugar creates the perfect symphony of flavors.
In this delectable dish, fresh brussel sprouts are transformed into golden perfection through roasting, creating a crispy exterior that gives way to a tender, flavorful core. The addition of an ample amount of minced garlic infuses each bite with a bold, savory richness, while a touch of coconut sugar provides a subtle sweetness, balancing the flavors harmoniously.
Why You'll Love These Roasted Garlicky Brussel Sprouts:
- Garlicky Goodness: Eight cloves of minced garlic add an abundance of flavor, creating a bold and aromatic dimension to the sprouts.
- Crispy Perfection: Roasting brings out the best in brussel sprouts, offering a delightful crispiness that complements their natural tenderness.
- Sweet and Savory Balance: The inclusion of coconut sugar provides a hint of sweetness, creating a perfect balance to enhance the overall flavor profile.
Brussel sprouts, Garlic, Olive oil, Coconut sugar, Salt, Pepper
- Brussel Sprouts: Look for firm, small to medium-sized sprouts for the best texture and flavor.
- Garlic: An ample amount of freshly minced garlic is key for that robust flavor. Adjust the quantity based on your preference.
- Olive Oil: Use a high-quality olive oil to coat the sprouts evenly and promote even roasting.
- Coconut Sugar: This natural sweetener imparts a subtle sweetness without overpowering the dish.
How to make Roasted Garlicky Brussel Sprouts step-by-step:
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Wash your brussel sprouts then trim the ends and quarter them.
In a bowl, generously toss the brussel sprouts with minced garlic, olive oil, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper.
Spread the mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sprouts are golden and crispy, tossing halfway through for even cooking.
Roasted Garlicky Brussel Sprouts Tips and Tricks:
- For an extra kick, sprinkle some red pepper flakes before roasting.
- Ensure the brussel sprouts are well-coated with olive oil to achieve that perfect crispiness.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: While coconut sugar adds a unique flavor, you can substitute it with brown sugar or maple syrup for a different twist.
A: Absolutely! Prep the ingredients, toss them together, and refrigerate. Roast when ready to serve for maximum freshness.
A: While fresh brussel sprouts are recommended for optimal texture, you can use frozen ones in a pinch. Keep in mind that frozen sprouts may release more moisture during roasting and may take longer to become cripsy.
More Fall Recipes You'll Love
Roasted Garlicky Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts trimmed and halved
- 8 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Coconut sugar
- Salt to taste (approximately ½ tsp)
- Pepper to taste (approximately ¼ tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash, Trim, and quarter the Brussel sprouts.
- In a bowl, toss the Brussel sprouts with minced garlic, olive oil, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sprouts are golden and crispy, tossing halfway through for even cooking.
- Cool slightly before serving.