This Jalapeño Dip holds a special place in my household because it is my husband's absolute favorite Shabbos dip! It has become a tradition to make this delightful dip almost every week for our Shabbos meals.
With just a handful of ingredients this dip comes together in minutes. Besides complementing challah on shabbos it's an excellent complement to chips, crackers, veggies, or as a zesty spread for sandwiches and wraps.
Why you’ll love this Jalapeño Dip:
- Quick and Easy: With a food processor, you can whip up this dip in no time, making it easy to prepare before shabbat.
- Versatile: Besides enjoying it with challah you can have it with anything from tortilla chips to vegetable sticks, or as a tangy spread on burgers and sandwiches.
- Burst of Flavor: The combination of fresh jalapenos, garlic, and mayo creates a harmonious blend of flavors that's both creamy and delightfully spicy.
Jalapeno peppers, garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt
How to make Jalapeño Dip step by step:
Slice the Jalapeño peppers, and add them to a food processor. ( I prefer THIS food processor)
Include the garlic, mayonnaise, salt, and optional lemon juice in the food processor with the Jalapeño.
Pulse the ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
** Note: If you have a low tolerance for spicy foods, deseeding the jalapeno peppers will help reduce the heat level of the dip, making it more enjoyable for those with milder taste buds.
Jalapeño Dip Tips and Tricks:
- Experiment with the dip by incorporating other ingredients like fresh cilantro, lime zest, or dill to enhance the flavor.
- This dip is best cold, let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving to enhance the texture.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: You can adjust the spice level by deseeding the jalapeños. The seeds and membranes inside the peppers contain most of the heat, so removing them will make the dip milder.
A: Absolutely! You can prepare the dip in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. Just remember to give it a good stir before serving.
A: This dip is extremely versatile! While we always make it to dip challah into it is delicious with crackers, chips or spread on a sandwich!
- 1 Food Processor
- 5-6 large jalapeno peppers about 6oz
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice (Optional)
- Slice the jalapeno peppers, and add them to a food processor.*
- Include the garlic, mayonnaise, salt, and optional lemon juice in the food processor with the jalapenos.
- Pulse the ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving,