Indulge in the delightful flavors of these Easy Pecan Pie Bars - a twist on the classic pecan pie! These bars are perfect for those who adore pecan pie but prefer a balanced sweetness and a convenient bar form.
These Easy Pecan Pie Bars combine the nutty richness of pecans with a honey-kissed filling, all atop a crumbly, not-too-sweet crust. With the perfect balance of flavors and a fuss-free bar format, these treats are a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Why You'll Love Easy Pecan Pie Bars:
- Unlike traditional pecan pie, which can be a bit messy to serve, these bars are neatly portioned and easy to share!
- The use of honey instead of corn syrup in the filling adds a lighter depth of flavor and a natural sweetness. It's a creative twist on a classic that will leave your guests asking for the recipe.
- The contrast of the crumbly, not-too-sweet crust with the crunchy, nutty pecans and the honey filling creates a delightful textural experience that's simply irresistible.
All-purpose flour, Brown sugar, Salt, Neutral oil, Pecans, Honey, Oat milk, Vanilla extract
Shop The Recipe
- Oil: Use a neutral-flavored oil like avocado oil, vegetable oil, or sunflower oil for the crust.
- Pecans: You can chop the pecans to be any size you'd like! I prefer buying pre chopped small pecan bits for the extra crunch.
- Oat milk: You can use any milk or cream for the filling. Oat milk is a great dairy-free alternative for the filling because of its creaminess.
How to Make Easy Pecan Pie Bars :
Prepare the crust by mixing flour, brown sugar, salt, and vegetable oil.
Press it into a baking pan and bake until lightly golden.
For the filling, mix brown sugar, honey, oat milk, vanilla extract, and a touch of flour and salt and simmer until slightly thickened and bubbling.
Remove from the heat and add in your chopped pecans. Mix well and pour the honey filling on top of the crust
Bake until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the pan to ensure uniform baking and a consistent base for your bars.
- For clean and neat slices, chill the bars in the refrigerator for a couple of hours after they've cooled completely. This makes slicing easier and results in cleaner edges.
- Store leftover pecan pie bars in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or refrigerate for longer shelf life. They can also be frozen for several weeks. Allow them to come to room temperature before serving after refrigeration or freezing for the best texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, you can use regular dairy milk or even heavy cream in the filling
A: Absolutely! These bars freeze well. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place them in an airtight container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to a few weeks. Allow them to thaw at room temperature before serving.
A: For neat and clean slices, use a sharp knife and run it under hot water or dip it in hot water before each cut. Wiping the knife clean between slices also helps.
Other Recipes You'll Love
Easy Pecan Pie Bars
For The Crust
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt *
- ¾ cup neutral oil e.g., avocado oil, sunflower oil, vegetable oil
For The Filling
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup oat milk or any milk/cream of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for thickening
- 3 cups cchopped unsalted pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan or line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides for easy removal.
For The Crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Gradually add the oil to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and begins to come together.
- Transfer the crust mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes or until it's lightly golden around the edges.
For The Filling:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the light brown sugar, honey, oat milk, vanilla, flour and salt.
- Stir continuously until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add pecans to the filling mixture. Mix well.
Assemble and Bake:
- Pour the filling mixture evenly over the crust, ensuring it is all coated.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set and the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Allow the pecan pie bars to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift the bars out of the pan.
- Cut into squares or rectangles, and serve.