Indulge in the heavenly taste of Candied Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Prepare to be amazed by the irresistible charm of this dish. The delicate balance of maple syrup, cinnamon, and a hint of salt creates a symphony of flavors that transforms simple sweet potatoes into a culinary delight, with a caramelized exterior and a luscious, tender interior.
Why You'll Love these Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- The sweetness of the potatoes paired with the aromatic warmth of cinnamon is a match made in food heaven.
- They truly have the perfect texture. They are soft and creamy on the inside, while being slightly crisp on the outside.
- This recipe is easy and fast. Its perfect for any Shabbos meal or as an everyday side!
Sweet potatoes, Salt, Cinnamon, Olive oil, Maple syrup
- Salt: Salt is important because it balances the sweetness of the dish and creates a well-rounded flavor profile.
- Cinnamon: The Cinnamon infuses the dish with a cozy, aromatic note, enhancing the overall appeal.
- Maple Syrup: Maple Syrup is what provides that iconic candied glaze, elevating the dish to a new level.
- Potato Cubes: For this recipe, it is ideal to use fresh sweet potatoes that are peeled and cut into uniform cubes for even cooking and consistent texture.
How to make Candied Sweet Potatoes step-by-step
Step 1: In a bowl, combine sweet potato cubes with olive oil, ensuring they're evenly coated.
Step 2: Add in the cinnamon, a sprinkle of salt, and generously drizzle with maple syrup, gently tossing to ensure every piece is coated in this sweet glaze.
Step 3: Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Roast in the preheated oven, turning once, until the potatoes are tender and gloriously caramelized.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- Space out the potato cubes on the baking sheet to ensure they caramelize evenly.
- Customize the level of cinnamon and maple syrup to your taste preference for a perfect balance.
- If you'd like to dress this up a little consider adding a pinch of nutmeg or a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans for added texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, this recipe is vegan, as long as you use vegan-approved ingredients, including the maple syrup.
A: Yes, you can substitute brown sugar for the maple syrup if you prefer. It will provide a similar caramelized sweetness, but the flavor profile may be slightly different.
A: Absolutely! If you enjoy the texture and added nutrients of sweet potato skins, feel free to leave them on when cutting the cubes. Just make sure to wash and scrub the sweet potatoes thoroughly before using.
More Recipes You''ll Love
Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups of sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Set the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) to ensure it's properly heated for roasting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes with the olive oil, making sure each cube is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the sweet potato cubes, followed by a sprinkle of salt and the maple syrup. Gently toss them to ensure each piece is coated in the delightful sweet glaze.
- Spread the candied sweet potato cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. This ensures even roasting and allows the sweet potatoes to caramelize beautifully.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and have achieved a gloriously caramelized exterior. Turning the cubes once during the roasting process helps ensure even caramelization.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done roasting, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow the candied sweet potato cubes to cool slightly before serving.